One of the most common questions that we’re asked by people new to pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is whether their budget is better spent on advertising on Facebook or on the Google Ads platform. And, most of the time, our answer is the same; “It depends on what your goals are!”
Both platforms can be great for your business. It just depends on what you’re looking for.
Google Ads – Pros and Cons
Google Ads are also known as “paid search” ads. Essentially, you pay Google to place your ad and a link to your website alongside organic search results, which helps you get more leads and a lot more eyes on your content. You pay based on how many people click on your ad.
- Google is the #1 most-visited search engine in the world
- Paying for ads allows you to outrank competitors with better SEO
- You can target any keywords you want
- Ads for highly-desirable keywords are very expensive
- Few demographic features and targeting options
- Google Ads can be hard for new marketers to use effectively
Facebook Ads – Pros and Cons
If Google Ads are “paid search”, then Facebook ads are “paid social”. Similar to Google Ads, you pay a fee for each person who clicks on your ad. Then, your ad is served up alongside organic social content on Facebook.
- Facebook is the top social media platform in the world
- Native demographic, location, and interest-targeting options help increase ROI by only reaching interested customers
- Facebook advertisements are often cheaper than comparable Google ads, which helps you stretch your marketing budget
- It’s harder to reach a wide audience
- You have more flexibility with ad content, but this can result in difficulties creating effective promotional advertisements if you are not an experienced marketer
- A lower conversion rate, on average, compared to Google
Use Both Platforms for The Best Results
You’ve learned some of the basics about both networks. Now what should you do? Develop a strategy for each advertising platform. There’s no reason to see Facebook and Google as adversarial. They can be used together, with great results.
So, get in touch with us and see how we can grow your business by using both Google Ads and Facebook ads.