Who Is Grey Matter?
Grey Matter is a team of inspired marketing and sales pros with deep experience in the manufacturing & industrial space. We are industry leaders, not followers. Our team members have worked in the space for many years and have experience either working for other agencies or hiring marketing agencies, most of which we found to be absolutely underwhelming.
We set out to create a better company in all aspects, from our talent internally, to what we deliver externally for our clients. We are relentless in our pursuit of finding the best marketing & sales brains to hire, combined with the best technology available, to deliver our Agile Customer Acquisition framework to our clients.
From day one, our vision has been to deliver the value of a full-time marketing team at a fraction of the cost of one full-time senior marketing leader. This has been a perfect fit for organizations that want to be resourceful in how they spend their capital.
Zach Strauss: Founder & CEO
- Graduate Of: Wright State University
- LinkedIn Profile: Zach Strauss
- Favorite Quote: “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
- Favorite Business Book: Scaling Up by Verne Harnish
- Favorite Fiction Book: The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim
- Passionate About: Helping people realize their full potential.
Tony Bradberry: Director of Operations
& Customer Success
- Graduate Of: Ashland University
- LinkedIn Profile: Tony Bradberry
- Favorite Quote: Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. – Seneca
- Favorite Business Book: Great Teams: 16 Things High Performing Organizations Do
by Don Yaeger
- Favorite Fiction Book: Whatever I am reading my son!
- Passionate About: Family, coaching and football!
Janette O’Shaughnessy: Digital Marketing Director
- Graduate Of: Northern Michigan University
- LinkedIn Profile: Janette O’Shaughnessy
- Favorite Quote: Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
- Favorite Business Book: Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman
- Favorite Fiction Book: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Passionate About: Dogs, marketing and my family. I raise, train and show Australian Shepherds. I love marketing and have 23+ years of experience.
Tyler Brokamp: Paid Marketing Manager
- Graduate Of: Santa Clara University (Graduate School) and University of Cincinnati (Undergrad)
- LinkedIn Profile: Tyler Brokamp
- Favorite Quote: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”. – Maya Angelou
- Favorite Business Book: Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Favorite Fiction Book: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Passionate About: My dog. New technology. My friends and my family. And, of course, the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Tarryn Schimke: Social Media Coordinator
- Graduate Of: Northern Kentucky University
- LinkedIn Profile: Tarryn Schimke
- Favorite Quote: “Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
- Favorite Business Book: Down the Rabbit Hole
- Favorite Fiction Book: The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
- Passionate About: My dog.
Holly Butler: Digital Marketing Specialist
- Graduate Of: The Ohio State University
- LinkedIn Profile: Holly Butler
- Favorite Quote: “The best is yet to come”
- Favorite Business Book: Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Favorite Fiction Book: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Passionate About: Traveling and making memories
Zach Murphy: VP of Client Strategy
- Graduate Of: Xavier University
- LinkedIn Profile: Zach Murphy
- Favorite Quote: Most problems don’t require more data. They require more insight, more innovation, and better eyes. — Seth Godin
- Favorite Business Book: They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- Favorite Fiction Book: Biographies: Shoe Dog (about Nike founder, Phil Knight)
- Passionate About: Bourbon, Vinyl Records / Music, invigorating business conversation
Larry Heaton III: Regional Sales Director
- Graduate Of: The Ohio State University
- LinkedIn Profile: Larry Heaton III
- Favorite Quote: “Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose” – Friday Night Lights
- Favorite Business Book: Set For Life Author – Scott Trench
- Favorite Fiction Book: The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Passionate About: Family, Friends, Food
Kelsey Kleine: Digital Marketing Specialist
- Graduate Of: University of Cincinnati and Ohio Northern University
- LinkedIn Profile: Kelsey Kleine
- Favorite Quote: “Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen”
- Favorite Business Book: Dare to Lead – Brené Brown
- Favorite Fiction Book: A Man Called Ove – Fredrick Backman
- Passionate About: Good food, learning, people, technology, and tackling creative projects
Ready to Work With Us?
Reach out via LinkedIn and let one of us know you want to work on our team. We are growing rapidly and are always looking for great people!