There are plenty of trigger events that can spur a prospect into buying a product or service. Here are a few events that we’ve seen either create a buying process or increase the speed of the buying process.
Activities within a company that trigger a higher chance of purchasing a product or service are:
- Company gets acquired
- Competitor releases new product/solution
- Incumbent sales rep leaves
- Prospect changes decision maker
- Prospect wins large account – increased capital availability
- Capital raise
- Current provider fails to provide acceptable service or functionality
Where can you find these triggers? Subscribe to your city’s business journal, add the individual as someone to follow using LinkedIn Pulse or Sales Navigator, leverage Google Alerts, & more.